Saturday, June 29, 2013

DUTY TRAVEL: TOULOUSE, FRANCE

Toulouse is a city in the Haute-Garonne region in southwestern France. It lies on the banks of the River Garonne, 150 km from the Mediterranean Sea, 300km from the Atlantic Ocean and 590 km away from Paris.
When was the last time I was in Toulouse?  Well, it was ages ago when I was covering the aviation beat for Business Times. Toulouse, located southwestern of France, is the centre of the European aerospace industry.
My first visit was in 1996 with Singapore Airlines when it took delivery of its first A340-300Es. Five years later, I was back there again for a tour of the Airbus facilities there.
My assignment this time is for the delivery of the ATR72-600 aircraft to Firefly.
And the flight plan to Toulouse and back? Departing Kuala Lumpur for Toulouse via Frankfurt tomorrow night and returning to Kuala Lumpur via London on July 4. See you then!

No comments: